Wednesday, October 17, 2012

do Good Stitches quilt

do Good Stitches quilt front

This quilt was a collaboration of the Imagine do. Good Stitches circle. These ladies are so talented, as you can tell by the beautiful blocks that they put together. Since I was the quilter for this particular month's quilt, I decided to use a block designed by Alissa Haight Carlton for Sew Mama Sew's Modern Block of the Month series. We were to use a white background and bright colors. I have major triangle angst, so this was my way to trying to tackle it. Points, matching, precision...these are not my strong qualities! I loved seeing the blocks pop up on Flickr and was even more delighted when they started showing up in my mailbox!

feb 2012 do.Good block

These blocks were really fun to put together, and it's a great one for using up pretty bits of scrap fabric. These are my two contributions to the quilt.

feb 2012 do.Good block

I have to confess that it was pretty thriling to tackle these triangles and see a few sharp points turn out!

do Good Stitches quilt back

The back was some fabric from my stash that I think I picked up from JoAnn some time back, and the quilting was simple meanandering lines on the diagonal. I hand stitched the do.Good label on the back and sent it off to Threading Hope, which is the group's charity.

These do.Good quilting circles are putting lots of love and beautiful quilts out into the world. Earlier this year, I had to step down from the quilting circle, because my work and life commitments were overwhelming for a while. Happily, there have been some changes since then! Last Friday was my last day at my job, and I have entered the world of self-employment. I'm staying in the same field, but this opportunity gives me much more freedom. I feel really fortunate to have a contract at a time when many are seeking employment. And I hope that this change will free up more time for me to spend with my family and on creative endeavors.

2 comments:

  1. You did such a nice job on this Sarah! I love the bright scrappiness and the way you quilted it. And I'm so happy about your new life change!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to read and comment!